I'm up at the CiLi in Papers blog for my bi-weekly mixed media project. This time I brought out the Gelli printing plate for some mono printing. I have only used it once before with not very awesome results but this time I was more happy with the results. The differece being I picked a few colors for all the printing, just some random acrylics of different brands I had in my stash. Less colors=less chance of a muddy mess. I also used more color on the plate so it didn't have time to dry. The third thing I changed was the paper. Last time I used regular printing paper and I wasn't very happy with it. I saw a video where someone used the backside of old one sided scrapbook papers and I had some of those from ages ago that had no sentimental value at all. I used them and I think the results was better this time. I didn't use many masks since the paper was thicker and didn't really show the intricate details of the masks as much as I wanted. But I still love how a few of the papers turned out. I made this Art Journal page with one of the sheets. It was a bit dark so I gessoed over the middle and saved the prettier outside parts.
Here are some of the different results I got. I love that pink one in the middle and the green-ish ones. Very fun! I hope you got inspired to do some mono printing! See you in an hour or two for my second post today, this time for WOW! I hope you'll be back then <3